Remodeling is a big project so you want to make sure you take the necessary steps to complete the project seamlessly. Review the five topics listed below to kick-start your renovation process. These design tips should help steer you in the right direction, ultimately, creating your dream kitchen.
1. Be Forward Thinking – It’s easy to overlook the practicality of new additions when you begin this process. Remember to think about the functions you want your new kitchen to serve when you begin picking out accessories and decor. Your kitchen is a place you will spend a good amount of time in whether it’s cooking, cleaning, or socializing, so be sure to consider the functionality of the new additions. You could also do a pros and cons list to help make the decision process easier when narrowing down your choices.
2. Having Enough Storage – Recent studies have shown that majority of people say they do not have enough storage space so look at ways you can utilize your improvements to create more space to put your appliances, dishes, etc. The options are endless for hidden storage methods. This method is perfect for utilizing the small spaces you may think aren’t fit for storing items.
3. Creating More Light Sources – There are plenty of methods to creating different lighting in your kitchen. Although overhead lighting is the most popular, under-counter lighting or lamps can help create a better ambiance. Overhead lighting tends to cause greater shadows over your work area, so mixing different light sources helps create the best atmosphere. Even adding a dimmer on your light settings is also an easy way to get different lighting.
4. Out With The Old and In With The New – When you remodel your kitchen, you also want to update your appliances and fixtures, especially if they are very outdated. Keeping outdated appliances with brand new interior will keep you from fully executing the remodeling process. You could always update as you go if you are afraid of going over budget, but in the end, it will be worth the extra investment.
5. Update Your Flooring – Kitchens typically need very durable flooring in case plates are dropped or spills take place. Remember to consider what type of purpose your kitchen will serve the most. For instance, do you have pets, messy children, or a big family? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you may want to consider a flooring that’s higher on the durable end of the spectrum.
After you’ve looked over the list, you should have the direction you need to begin your renovations. Your dream kitchen awaits!